Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

4 out of 5 stars

"Don't worry, Anna. I'll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."
"Okay."
"Promise me? Promise you won't say anything?"
"Don't worry." I laughed. "It's our secret, right?"


According to Anna's best friend, Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy every day, there's a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there's something she hasn't told Frankie-she's already had her romance, and it was with Frankie's older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.

- Book Flap

If you are looking for a book the plays with your heartstrings, then this book is definitely the book to read. This book is sad and wonderful and based on what you have to do when you lose someone and don't exactly know what to do. Anna needs her questions answered. The questions surronding her romance with Matt: what really happened, was he just messing with her, what would have happened if she told him that she didn't want ice cream( you'll find out), and what would have happened if she told him that she loved him.
This book made me cry, though that could have just been me, and it also made me laugh because there was so many things that sounded a little bit like my life even if I didn't have someone so close to me pass yet.
I recommend this book to anyone who would love a good tearjerker no matter what age they are.

Buh Bye,
Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment